Friday, October 1, 2010

Parties and Peach Jelly

POTD 9/15/10: There has been an inordinate fascination with the umbrella. Mac took it outside and played with it for about 30 minutes.



POTD 9/16/10: We took the girls to Leiden's school's Fall Festival, and let them play, eat, get their faces painted, etc. This picture is classic--Leiden's ready to bite the pizza in half, and her little friend from church is looking on in trepidation.

POTD 9/17/10: Peaches finally went on sale, so I bought a bunch, and attempted to make peach jelly. I have done it before, so I didn't think twice about it.
The giant pot of peaches to make juice.
The jelly ready to process.
As I'm sure any experienced canner will tell me, it apparently doesn't matter if I've made it successfully before. Sometimes it just doesn't work. The jelly did not set up, so I tried again. Added more pectin and sugar, reprocessed. No good. It was a little more jelly like after that, but still not the thick stuff I got the last time I made it. Grrr.
But it makes some great syrup!

1 comment:

David said...

WHHHHAAAAAAATTTTT? No peach jelly? I have offically enter a pre-fall season funk. Too bad, I really like the fall.