Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Cake!

So, as if I didn't have enough to do amidst all the other goings on...church with all three by myself, staying up late last night reading, teaching my Primary class with Miriam in the room, and birthday prep, I got the girls all excited about making heart middle cupcakes for their friends for Valentine's Day. They were mostly completed before church. (The idea, while really cute, didn't really work out the way I did it. Still tasted good.)


Simple 6-inch, 2-layer cake for the Meems.


We had birthday dinner and cake out in the sun room where there was better light.


As seems to be the case with my kids, the initial foray into birthday cake is done rather daintily.


She kept kind of semi-hugging the cake.


But this turned out to be her favorite way to attempt eating. Just stick your face in and try to take a bite.



This was at the end, right before we cleaned up.


Miriam 2/13/11: (And my last Miriam 365!)


I have never seen her pull this face before, but I've seen my dad pull it my whole life. I thought it was pretty funny.



I could not get the video of cake eating (mostly for grandparents--it's 5 and a half minutes long!) to load here, so here's the link on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb4Nut2ZDSQ

1 comment:

bjahlstrom said...

That face is just classic.