Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Run to Mimi's Birthday

See all that mess on the floor? Mac dumped a (luckily) dry bowl of raisin bran on the floor. (And apparently I have something I need to wipe off the leg of my chair. Who knows how long that's been there!)



Mimi stalks the sweeping pile. Regardless of what I'm sweeping, she likes to play in it and eat it. Of course.



Mimi will stick her tongue out at you if you do it to her. She is definitely her daddy's daughter.



Miriam 2/8/11:



I got wise and finally got the girls some more play doh. They haven't even asked for it for months, so I figured it would keep them occupied for a while. Yep. A good couple hours were wiled away with hearts and rolling and cutting.



Mac loves to dress up. This is the 'Sugar Plum Princess' dress. They love to watch Barbie in the Nutcracker. I suppose it could be said that they are being exposed to classical ballet. Ahem.



Santa had the ill-conceived idea to hide some of Brad's stocking stuffers in the craft room. If you've seen my craft room, you understand why this is a bad idea. Anyway, upon cleaning said room, I uncovered some Christmas Peeps. Brad ever so kindly shared with the bub. Miriam 2/9/11:



Caught this funny expression--and hey, what we can see of her face is clean!



Miriam 2/11/11:



Tie for 2/11/11: Mimi has started doing this when she's upset. It's the 12 month old version of a fit. Flat on the floor crying. It's really very amusing.



Miriam 2/12/11: Brad left town this morning, and I've got the kiddos on my own until Wednesday. I don't even want to think about how long that is from now.



The girls were thrilled with today's idea: TV Dinners. I guess it's a good thing that I can say this is the first time they've ever had them. Although, I was reading the label, and it's actually not too bad. Remarkably low in fat, and some pretty impressive fiber. It just doesn't quite seem the same. They were totally excited about it, and chose their dinners with great care. I had a Lean Cuisine, and Mimi had a quesadilla.



I'm certain now that I did not break anything in my fall last week. It seems to feel a bit better every day, but still hurts. I'm not really sure what I did, but it was a good hard smack.

No comments: