Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mac and Mimi Have a Party: The Food

Today we had a party with some friends to celebrate the two birthday girls. Brad got excited about cupcakes again, so he took off with corn on the cob, mixed vegetables, and mashed potatoes and gravy.



Complete with black sugar for pepper and yellow starbursts for butter.



The peas were the hardest. I went to Target and literally skulked by the bulk candy bins, and whenever there wasn't anybody around and looking at me, I would pick out all the green sixlets I could find. The carrots are orange starbursts cut up.



The mashed potatoes were the easiest, just white frosting with a yellow starburst butter pat and caramel sauce for gravy. Very clever.



Again, Mimi started out so daintily with her cupcake.



The kids LOVED the peas and carrots cupcakes.



The other birthday girl



This was the end result with Mimi.

1 comment:

Macdonalds said...

I wish we could have been there to celebrate! Those cupcakes are so cute! I've been meaning to make them but I always get sidetracked into something chocolate instead...maybe for April Fools?