Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Brad!

Happy Birthday, Brad! It's the big 3-3! We did presents first thing this morning. I seriously thought inspiration struck when I thought of the big present. It was a croquet set, because I would have sworn that we did not have our old one, anymore. We do still have it. Yeah. It's still in our garage. But he liked the other presents!



Grandma sent him some shirts, which he loves to get for work. I gave him some shoes, both for church/work and work/casual. They are awesome shoes. Both. I can't believe I didn't get pictures.



As always, Brad requested a chocolate cake for the birthday finale to this evening's Easter feast with friends. He's not a huge fan of regular frosting, so I made this one chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting. Think a Hostess cupcake, or a Suzy-Q. It was just like that.



Then I topped it off with these little guys.



Here's a picture of the finished cake, in bad lighting.



He went to blow out the candles, and one of the little kids we had over for dinner beat him to it!



It was yummy cake.



I have a wonderful husband. On his birthday it is only fitting that I tell the world that he is amazing and that I love him. He makes me laugh, and he is a good father. Having several small children sometimes makes it hard to see the other adult you've promised to cherish, but I want him to know that I do see him, and that he is special to me.


I hope your birthday was as wonderful as you are. I love you, Brad!

No comments: