Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I went to go make some delicious chocolate oat bars yesterday, and found this in my flour bin. I have to admit that I'm not always super good at remembering to put the lid on the bin when I use the flour. This little guy must have crawled in one of those times. Needless to say, I put this bin in the dishwasher--after dumping the flour and the spider in the garbage. You could see all the tiny filaments of his web. Gross. It's been a little rainy yesterday and Sunday, so the worms were out. Leiden was remarkably brave about them, touching them, picking them up, scaring Mac. Mac came into the house screaming about 'worms'! This one, though, even Leiden was unwilling to pick up with her hands. A stick? Yes.



Mimi has the greatest little half laugh. Often she doesn't even open her mouth and she just kind of chuckles.



Grandmere leaves tomorrow, so we went out to dinner and ice cream tonight. We went to Buca de Beppo, and Mac insisted on getting spaghetti with meatballs. The meatball was roughly the size of her two fists put together.


1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm just glad there wasn't a rat or a mouse in the flour bin like in "Anne of Green Gables" or something:) That would have given me a heart attack. Glad you guys had a good visit with your mom...