Sunday, January 15, 2012

To my everlasting joy and relief, Mac's episode the other night appears to be just that, a one off (or three off...).  I spent pretty much the whole night awake, listening for noise from her that would signal worsening symptoms, but they never came.  She woke up yesterday, and wanted breakfast, and seemed completely normal.  There was no body aches, no fever, no diarrhea, nothing.  So she either picked up a much less troublesome bug somewhere, or she ate something that disagreed with her.  Whew! 

Brad took the girls out on the lake, today, while I took a nap.  They wandered over to our friends' house and had fun examining the frozen lake.
 


We received our boxes from Grandma sometime this last week--it's a little hazy, and now that everyone is seemingly better, we got out the Rapunzel wigs to finally take pictures of them.  They really are cute and the girls have enjoyed playing with them, already. 
 
 


Tucked inside the box was also the letter the girls received from Santa, telling them about the upcoming trip. 


I'm still feeling a little vulnerable about someone else getting sick, but with each day that passes, I gain a bit more confidence.  Leiden was worried the other night when Mac got sick, saying, "Are we still going to be able to go to Disney World?"  We reassured her that yes, we would be going.  And in my head, I hope that we're all well!  I figure if we can make it to Tuesday or so, I'll feel a little more secure!  Today I cleaned all the toys with bleach water and my cleaner with bleach.  I made the mistake of not wearing gloves, and my hands are shot.  Even mild chemical burns are no fun.  I dug out some old kitchen gloves that will be used liberally these next few days!

No comments: