Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Utah Children's Museum

Last week was all week going going going, so this week we really just have one big activity planned, and it was to go to the Children's Museum at Gateway today.  The girls had fun, although I'm beginning to see myself in an awkward position with the girls.  Leiden's interests are maturing a bit, while I still have two other very young children.  Leiden is fine playing with the 'little' kid stuff for a while, and she is enthusiastic, but you could tell she needed a bit more.  Luckily my mom was there with me, and she took Leiden upstairs for some of the older kid stuff while I stayed with the younger two downstairs.


Mimi literally played here at the water table the entire time, save for a brief foray into the section next over.  She loved playing in the water.  She loves washing her hands, she loves taking baths, and she loves water tables!


She did also like the ball tubes they have, which shoot plastic balls up through an intricate network of winding tubes up near the ceiling.


Mac, too, spent most of her time at the water table, although her attention span is shorter even than Mimi's, sometimes.


It was fun to go out somewhere with my mom, and then we went to lunch afterwards, which is always an adventure.

No comments: