Thursday, April 5, 2012

Farewell, Grandpa

My dear Grandpa passed away this morning.  He has been unwell for a time, and his passing was peaceful and quiet.  I was close to my grandparents, as my growing up years were spent in very close proximity to them.  My grandma passed away in 2003 from Alzheimer's, and I still miss her and think about her all the time.


These two following are my two favorites of Grandpa.   
 


We will be flying out to Utah sometime next week for the funeral, at which point our family will all be gathered together again.  My mom and dad are sad, of course, and will have a lot of changes coming in their lives in the next couple months.  They are brave and courageous, my parents, choosing the right when it's hard and listening to the promptings of the Spirit.  I love them, and I'm so glad I knew my grandparents.  What a blessing.  I have a knowledge and testimony of the Resurrection and the sealing covenants.  Both are blessings in effect in my family right now, and both are priceless.  We'll miss you, Grandpa, until we meet again.

No comments: