Monday, April 16, 2012

Tulips

Brad has difficulty (and good for him!) sitting still and just relaxing sometimes.  He would much rather be busy and working (or playing).  My dad happened to mention he needed to get some fence posts in, so Brad went to it.  He had seven in by 2 or so.


This afternoon we headed down to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point.  It's no Keukenhof, but it was pretty.  So were my little girls, with their hair all braided up.  I'm getting better at it!


A pretty little smile!


They all thought the tulips smelled nice.  Even the ones that didn't smell at all.


Mac does not pose well right now.  You ask for a smile and tell her to relax and you get a rigid grimace.


In our meanderings we found a koi pond where you can buy little fish food pellets and feed them--they are crazy about the food and they swarm all over each other to get it.


Mimi was having a good day.


We met up with Andy and Emily for a few minutes at the end, and in the little secret garden they have, the kids thought it would be fun to try and stop the fountains by putting their hands and fingers over the spouts.  Then an employee asked them to stop.


Cousins together again.


We finished off the evening with dinner at Brick Oven and red cream soda.  We have had a nice weekend, despite the circumstances that brought us here.  I'm sad to be leaving the house tomorrow--we'll probably never stay there again.  My parents are hoping Mad and Joni will rent it, so we'll probably visit at some point, but my childhood home is no longer going to be where I come back to.  We're so glad we could be here to help support my parents--especially my mom.  We love you!

No comments: