Monday, April 2, 2012

Kool Eggs

I saw some really pretty eggs on Pinterest that were dyed using Kool Aid.  This is awesome because Kool Aid is cheap and comes in the rainbow.  We only did a few per kid as the resulting eggs will largely go to waste.  (My girls only like the egg white of a boiled egg.  Healthy, but I don't understand it.)

Mimi was super excited to be holding eggs, and promptly bashed one on the table.  That's why we hard boil them!


The colors mostly worked out.  The green (lemon lime), orange, and blue (blue raspberry) worked out the best color wise.  The yellow (lemonade) dyed egg was so pale it was really only off white, the red (strawberry) dyed to a dark orange, and the purple (grape) dyed a weird grayish brown color.  Still fun.


Leiden did a mix, on my recommendation, and then put this egg up in the air on my recommendation, and then lost her grip and dropped it on the floor.


So she actually got one of the coolest eggs--somehow when it crunched on the floor, blue color got inside the cracks while the outside stayed its weird brown color.


Definitely a weird bunch of colored eggs!  I guess Paas knows what they're doing. 

1 comment:

David said...

Mercedes,

These girls will be forever grateful that you are their mother.

I will be too.