Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

The Easter Bunny visited in the night.  And left us a rainbow of goodies.  I actually prefer when the Easter bunny comes the day before Easter, but it didn't work out.  We still had plenty of time on Easter to talk about why it is such a glorious day. 


We attended church, where the Easter story was talked about at least twice, and possibly three times.  The girls were all dressed up in their Easter dresses from Grandmere and Bapa.  It was an emotional day, with my Grandpa having passed away, and I heard the same from my mom. 

After church we took some pictures in the back yard.  She kind of blends in, but we even grabbed Caroline for the event.


The girls were pretty cute.


And then they were pretty goofy.


Leiden was so excited because I attempted to french braid her hair.  It actually worked pretty well, and I love her hair off her face.  I'll have to do it more often.


This is how you get Mimi to take a picture--put her somewhere where she can't move!


We had something like 20 people over for Easter dinner tonight.  Some of my crafts this last week made an appearance tonight as part of the dinner decor, and others were new gifts, like these beauties from Brad.


I saw these spray painted mason jars on Pinterest, and wanted to try it out.  They worked out remarkably well.


The jar was spray painted the off white on just the one side, then I cut out a contact paper bunny shape (because I don't have a Silhouette!) and put it on for the colored painting.  Easy bunnies!


I made a carrot cake for dessert, and it was really good.  I've never done carrot cake before, so it was fun.


This day is really such a wonderful holiday.  The blessings of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ are so important.  We know we will see our loved ones again!  We know we will live again after we die.  Death is not the end.  That victory was won through Jesus Christ our Savior, and we are so grateful to know of it and have a testimony of it, and to teach our children of it.  Happy Easter!

No comments: