Saturday, May 31, 2014

Last day playing soccer!  The girls have enjoyed it, what they could of it, anyway.  Mac's tonsils took her out for several weeks.  Mimi was so thrilled to get a trophy.  Or a participation prize, or whatever they are.  :)

AWESOME!  I'm trying to coax more things out of Derek that he wants or needs.  I send packages often, more than the 'official' decorated ones shown here on the blog, and I would much rather be sending him things he can actually use in addition to the fun, crazy stuff I dream up on my own.  So.  He needed something to hold ritz crackers in while he travels.  He needed to be able to fill it full of crackers, not have them knocking around, and have it be lightweight, but strong so he can stuff them in his ruck and not have to worry about them.  Check and mate!  I finally found this CRACKER STORAGE CONTAINER on ebay...they don't make them anymore, but it is EXACTLY what he needs!  I was very excited to get this off to him.  And crackers, of course.  :)


I decided it is time to start reading Harry Potter with Leiden.  She reads voraciously on her own, but I wanted to read with her for several reasons.  First, I want to enjoy them again with her, second, I want to slow her down a little, and third, because as they get darker and a little scarier, I know what she's got in her head, and we can tough it out together.  She was very excited to start tonight!  We read after the other two have gone to bed.  I think this will be a fun little tradition for our evenings.

No comments: