Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day!

Well, last night was a little rough with Mac.  I woke up and realized that it had been like 6 hours since she last took medicine, but she was sleeping...I made the call to wake her and give her some ibuprofen, but the rest of the night was rough.  So I brought her into my room and put her in my bed.  I have literally never successfully slept with a child in my bed.  I didn't do it when they were infants, and it has never been an option until now.  Hopefully tonight goes a little better.  With moving her in the middle of the night, I wasn't able to grab her humidifier, so we'll set one up in my room for tonight, and she can stay with me until we are sure she's healed and her scabs have come off.  I've heard all kinds of horror stories about the scabs, so we will keep her with me until we are in the clear.  I just hope I can figure out how to sleep!

My dear mom came over again, today, and bless her heart, cleaned up my kitchen.  Then started the dishwasher with the wrong kind of soap.  Chuckle...an honest mistake, and one solved easily enough with continued use of the sink sprayer and hose, and the cancel/drain button on the dishwasher.  This is what happens when you put regular dish soap in the dishwasher!  I've always wondered...


At soccer this evening, the trees were all in bloom.  It's such a beautiful time of year, with all the flowering trees at their peak.  Spring and fall have such glorious color. 

No comments: