Saturday, December 2, 2017

Ward Christmas Breakfast

Today is the Ward Christmas Breakfast!  We were up very early running the smoker to provide smoked bacon for the party.  I was a little disappointed because there were more than a handful of requested meat volunteer slots left empty.  I know I need to be more charitable in my thoughts, but I feel like if you come to a ward meal, be willing to contribute.  Anyway, that left the planners to add to what we were already signed up for.  Smoked bacon from the Gravenstreters!


Jon fashioned a bacon rack using the other grill's grills.  It was raised with pop cans, and worked like a charm!


The breakfast was a rousing success, and now that stress is over!


We found enormous crab legs at Costco, and they reminded Jon of his childhood, when his parents would bring them home and they'd have a feast on special occasions.  I hadn't ever tried them, so I was game!


I have to admit, however, that they are only good for the first few bites, then they kind of just got unappealing to me.  The taste and texture were fine, just not amazing.


Plus we had A TON, but Jon was happy to pick up my slack!  And now I know!  In the future if he wants to do giant crab legs, I will cook me something else!

No comments: