Friday, February 9, 2018

Arches Day 1

Mac has wanted this hairstyle for a while, now, and I finally did it for her.  The whole hair thing is just not appealing to me.  I think it's because there are always 9,384,238 things to do in the mornings before school, and I just always forget about the hair, then get frustrated when they don't!


The girls got picked up from school so Jon and I could escape for a little weekend down in Moab and Arches.  We drove down, and got there with some daylight left, so immediately began exploring.  Jon hasn't ever been here, and I had forgotten how ACCESSIBLE this park is.  Really good for kids, there are tons of hikes that aren't difficult, and it's just really beautiful.


Here we are at Park Avenue.  I totally wanted to be ambitious and go climbing out, but Jon convinced me it was a lot higher and steeper than it looked from this vantage point!


Balanced rock will probably be around for hundreds of years more, but it sure looks precarious.  It's almost a little scary to walk around, seeming like it's going to just come down on our heads!


Here we are at the windows arches, right underneath the north window.


A more comprehensive view!


The rock and earth formations here are just so wild.  The color, the shapes, the layers.  We hiked out to the Delicate Arch overlook, which views it from afar, across the valley that is immediately to the south of it.  Super dark and grainy picture, because it was getting pretty late in the evening.  As I said before, I don't remember much about this park, and certainly don't remember it being on a cliff like that!

No comments: