Thursday, March 1, 2018

Frosting Flowers

Well.  I had such grand plans for the baptism dessert cakes.  I envisioned little frosting flowers all over the place, in various hues of pink ombre color schemes.


I saw just last week these crazy cool Russian piping tips, and the pretty flowers they can make, and of course, rushed an order on Amazon to get the tips here so I could make all my flowers the 'easy' way.


What I can NEVER seem to remember is that it doesn't ever work out how it's supposed to on the first try.  And when the first try is TWO NIGHTS BEFORE the event, and it doesn't quite work swimmingly like it did on the blog posts of professional cake decorators, this tends to equal frustration.  My frosting wasn't the right consistency, and they just weren't doing what I envisioned.  So I think I'm going to have to come up with a plan B.  

No comments: