Wednesday, January 9, 2019

We went to Target this morning and Zada was in a super smiley mood.  I put this heart headband on her and she just lit up the room.


Things later got a little dicey at her 2 month well check appointment.  She's growing great, but after some consultation with the pediatrician, he believes she has a milk protein intolerance, and that means I cannot have dairy anymore while I'm nursing.  This was difficult news to hear, as I'm still feeling a little emotionally overwhelmed postpartum.  I feel really lonely and kind of left out because I'm the only one who has to change things.  I LOVE dairy.  I eat and drink it all the time.  And I just don't know what this will look like.  It will take a couple weeks to get the proteins out of my system, and then we should see some improvement in her nursing and less mucus in her diaper.


It was also a hard visit for Miss Zada, as it was time for the first round of immunizations.  They were shortsighted and only had one nurse to do the shots, so while these ped nurses are quick, there was still a small space of time between the pricks and Zada freaked out.  She had a hard time catching her breath for a minute and I'm sure felt just bewildered that something could feel like that.  Luckily she nursed right after and then fell asleep rather quickly.  


The rest of the day was fairly normal, if a little subdued.  She still wanted to play with Mr. Morrell, which was a good sign.


Even amidst the harder day, Zada is still making progress!  Today we caught her grabbing Mr. Morrell's feet on camera.  Grabbing toys is so fun!


But she was still in need of extra snuggles and love.  I was singing Primary songs to her, which I often do, and Mimi got out the Children's Songbook and we went through the whole thing, singing all the songs we knew.  Mimi loves to be helpful with Zada.

No comments: