Thursday, January 31, 2019

Cake baking for the wedding has begun!  It's this Saturday, and let me tell you what...these cakes are looking beautiful!  I've never had such straight edged cakes before!  Her middle tier is a DARK chocolate, made with cocoa noir...the same cocoa powder oreos are made from.  It's pretty much black!  I can't taste it, but the girls and Jon tell me it's wonderful!


The huge bottom tier is red velvet.  This friend of my mom's is from the South, and red velvet is an institution there, so I hope it passes muster!


The top tier is a delicious lemon, I just didn't get pictures of the bare cake.  The chocolate tier is filled with ganache, the red velvet with cheesecake flavored swiss meringue, and the lemon tier with lemon curd.  I'm so hoping this works out!  


Crumb coats are on, and tonight I mixed the frosting colors.  Eek!  Unfortunately I put a bit too much red in the darkest pink, and I think it's noticeably not the same pink I got last Sunday.  I can't just put more purple in to cool off the color because we are already at the saturation point where the food coloring changes the taste of the frosting for the worse.  Which is so frustrating.  This means I will have to get up in the mornign and make a new batch of frosting to dye the darkest color.  But I want it to be right!

No comments: