Monday, October 14, 2019

Today we started off the day at the dentist's office, which is really no way to start the day.  Everyone looked pretty good, although Mimi has some work that needs to be done.


Mimi also had a loose tooth that the hygienist kind of tricked her into letting her pull.  Honestly, thank heavens.  Loose teeth hang out in our family for way too long and I really don't like pulling them myself.  Mimi only has 6 baby teeth left to lose! 


She WAS a little disgruntled that the lady tricked her. 


Then this evening we headed to Murray park and did the photo shoot!  I went with very little conception of how it would actually look, or how to actually implement what I had in mind.  Jon helped me set everything up. 


And the shoot began! 


She wasn't quite content to just sit on her amazing orange chair, so Jon rushed in more than once to prevent her falling on her face. 


We found she was more likely to stay still, as well as leave her darling hat on her head if her hands were occupied.  Enter a gourd!


It was duly examined, I assure you. 


A shot or two with her cute broomstick went well. 


Then a couple with her on her feet in front of her setting.  I seriously can't believe they turned out as well as they did!  I went in hardly knowing what I wanted to do, let alone how to make it all look right, and they are amazing!


We took a cauldron and some dry ice to a likely witch's spot so she could brew her little witchy potions. 


She was fascinated by the dry ice fog. 


But it wasn't always enough to keep her from fiddling with her headband. 


The girls followed us around, wanting to help and exclaiming at the general cuteness. 


We finished it up with some super cute, simple shots at the bridge with a bunch of pumpkins. 


I have no idea what she was doing here but it was hilarious. 


What a sweet little Halloween baby! 


I am so pleased with all these.  I am so blessed to have this opportunity to commemorate her birthday in this way, and to possess skills that allow me to do it myself!  I can't believe she's almost 1!!

No comments: