Thursday, October 10, 2019

We go on walks every single day, and today it dawned on me it would be fun to take her out with her little push car so she could walk without having to hold hands, and she would feel more in control.  She loved it!!!


She was darling, just trundling along with her little car. 


She kept running it into the grass, or fences, so I had to redirect, but she did great and was so happy! 


She kept stopping to investigate everything she saw.  She was particularly interested in acorns!  I had to watch carefully to make sure she didn't put them in her mouth. 


She tired after a fairly short time, so we headed back, and she noticed the fire hydrant in the neighbor's yard.  What a cutie! 


My friend and second counselor, Noel Moreno, has a daughter getting married this weekend.  She was tasked with making the cake, but it was all overwhelming for her.  I offered to help her and make it myself.  She was very grateful.  The catch was her daughter was marrying a woman, and the couple wanted the cake to be flamboyant and full of gay pride.  So they requested a rainbow cake.  Rainbow layers in dark, Crayola colors.  I don't understand the need to be so overstated, but here we are.  At any rate, rainbow cakes are definitely in my wheelhouse, as I made one for Mac's 4th birthday! 


Tonight was also our first Halloween dinner!  Mummy dogs are a favorite and always a hit! 


Zada has been really funny with her little house.  She likes to climb inside it to play, and she will go in any which way, including through the 'window' over the windowsill!  It's GOT to hurt her legs, but she's done it more than once! 


The cake will look so elegant from the outside with plain white frosting.  My understanding is the couple isn't even going to serve the cake to guests, it's just a statement they will make as they cut into it and feed it to each other.  I truly don't understand the mindset that these alternative choices need to be broadcast.  But I love my friend, and she loves her daughter, and wants to help her begin this new chapter in the best possible way.  I hope they like it!

No comments: