Thursday, December 26, 2019

Oh my goodness, we don't even know what's going on, but this morning at 2:00, Zada started crying, and didn't stop.  So I went in to check on her and she had THROWN UP AGAIN.  I've never heard of vomiting episodes 48 hours apart.  She was so sad again, but luckily after the first bout, only had one more bout where nothing came up, and then she slept.  The ONLY thing I can think of is both days before she was ill she had her yogurt drink.  She's had it a hundred times, but these two times she had it from a new container of yogurt.  If she had a bug, there's no way Jon and I would have escaped, but we have, so it's got to be something she ate twice, and only on those days.  We feel so awful for her, and we spent the day completely exhausted.


However, our Christmas had to go on!  Grandma and Grandpa showed up at 6:45 AM, just a couple hours after I got Zada to bed again, and we had to wake up both Mac and Leiden for our Christmas!  They had a really great morning, with a TON of gifts, and they seemed in better spirits (and had better attitudes!) than yesterday, which I am grateful for.


Zada eventually woke up and seemed to be feeling okay, so she got to have her Christmas, too! 


She LOVED her busy board, and I'm so grateful for Mimi's idea, and all the work Jon put into it. 


Another hit was balls for Zada's ball pit! 


The older girls went to the mall for a couple hours to spend their Christmas money. 


The biggest downside to the day was we had PROMISED Leiden we would take her to the Salt Lake temple for baptisms before it closes for four years, and Grandpa wanted to go with them.  But first, we decided it wasn't a good idea to leave Zada home with anyone else...no one but us should have to deal with a baby that potentially could be throwing up.  So I stayed home and was sad about missing that.  Then, I called the temple and they said there had been a THREE to FOUR hour wait in the baptistry!  This was at 4 in the afternoon, so there was no way that was an option, even if they could have left right away.  So they decided to go down to Provo City Center and do baptisms there, where Leiden got to witness for baptisms, and she got to do some names from Grandma's family line! 


I'm so glad she had the opportunity to go with Jon and Grandpa, and I'll get to go with her, Mac, AND Mimi to SL in four years when it opens again!  I'm trying really hard to not feel sad about how this week has turned out.  I'm looking forward to the next couple days before Grandma and Grandpa leave, and am praying so hard no one is sick tonight!

No comments: