Saturday, December 28, 2019

Thankfully there has been no more illness for little Zada, which is such a blessing.  I threw out the greek yogurt, the kefir, and the coconut milk we had used to make her drinks and all seems to be well.  

Grandma came over early today so she could begin cooking our dinner for tonight.  We are expecting everyone and we are excited to have our blessings from Grandpa and enjoy our last evening all together!  It takes Zada a few days to warm up, but by now she was sufficiently accustomed to Grandma that she was happy to sit on the floor and play with her.  I'm so glad we caught these moments!


Mac spent the entire day in the basement, quarantined from everyone else, although Mimi takes advantage of Mac's dispensation to watch shows all day long, and I fear has not stayed as far away from Mac as she ought.  We are fearful Mac also has Flu B, but we haven't swabbed her.  We will just see how it goes.


Our dinner was wonderful roast beef!  We didn't get a picture of everyone, and I regret it, but we definitely enjoyed our time, and the conversation and bonds of love we share.  Zada has been a little off still, and despite her being in a leap, I've had it cross my mind a couple times that maybe she's teething, but I would look at her gums without trying to put my fingers in her mouth, and see nothing.  After her bath this evening I thought I'd weather the fit and check with my fingers...Miss Zada cut two molars recently and I didn't even know!  Her top two molars are in, and I realized I had been looking at her gums in the wrong spots, having forgotten the first molars come in before the canines.  No wonder she has been a bit fussy!  Her bottom molars are still just bumps on her gums, but they are next, so we will begin ibuprofen protocol.

After she had recovered from the indignity of Mom's hands in her mouth, she wanted to sit and play the piano.  She looked so cute up there all by herself.


And she has excellent posture! 


The good nights were bittersweet tonight, as Grandma and Grandpa leave tomorrow morning.  We SO wish they were in a position to be out here earlier rather than later, and we will miss them so much!  The new Portal we gave them should hopefully facilitate much more face to face communication. 


After Zada went to bed, we enjoyed more family time as Jon's dad gave blessings to each of his children and also to me.  We are so grateful for them!


We have been so happy to have Jon's parents here.  It's been a rough week with illness and holidays, but we are always so sad to see them go.

No comments: