Saturday, December 21, 2019

Today was kind of a quiet day.  Zada played,


Mimi baked,


(and made cute signs for her cake!)


and Mac played with makeup.


This afternoon I got the bright idea for us to head downtown to see Temple Square, as I couldn't see any other time it was going to happen.  Tomorrow we are going to dinner at my mom's but we have to take the girls up to their dad's house after dinner, and they don't return until Christmas Eve, so this was it!  I had it in my head we would just dash down there, quick go see the lights, then get home in decent time.  Yes, well.  I failed to take into account it being 4 days before Christmas, and a Saturday night, and Temple Square closing for four years in 8 days.  Downtown was a MADHOUSE.  There was no quick dashing anywhere, but we did finally make it to Temple Square, and joined the many throngs of people there to see the lights.


The grounds right up to the temple were open, and the girls were excited to go see it up close, Mac in particular.  I am so excited to come here with Leiden in a few days, and I wish Mac was old enough to come, too!


Despite having to brave thousands of people, it was a fun night and I'm so glad we started off our break with such a traditional activity!

No comments: