Tuesday, December 24, 2019

We are literally exhausted.  Poor little Zada cried out at 11:30 last night, before Jon and I had even gone to sleep, and when we looked at the monitor, we could see stuff in the bed that wasn't there when we put her down.  We went in, and she had thrown up EVERYWHERE.  The poor thing had no idea what was going on and it took a while to calm her down.  Into the bath she went, and new jammies and sheets.  She seemed wide awake after that, so I held her for a bit.  Suddenly, she was vomiting again, all over me.  A race to the bathroom and another bath.  This scenario happened about 4 more times in 2 hours, until I finally wised up and didn't put any jammies on her to mess.  She kept vomiting every 20-30 minutes and it was the saddest thing ever.  It happened enough that I started recognizing the signs.  She would fall asleep in my arms because she was dead tired, then she would get fidgety, start awake, take the binkie out of her mouth, and start to cry.  That became the cue to get her to the toilet as quick as I could.  Jon had called the nurse line for dehydration protocol, and she would want to guzzle water as soon as we would get back to her room after she was sick, which likely extended the vomiting.  We were successful many more times until finally she fell asleep in my arms and stayed that way aside from situating herself for about 90 minutes.  She had thrown up something like 11 times.  By then it was 5 AM and I hadn't slept at all.  I put her down in her bed, and stumbled to the couch and fell asleep until about 6:30, when I heard something and startled awake.  


Little Zada slept until 8:30 then had a fairly normal day.  She was up and about, although tired, and keeping crackers and watered down Gatorade down.  During one of her naps, Jon finished her busy board, and it looks amazing.


One of the sad parts about all this, aside from poor Zada, was we decided we better change our Christmas Eve plans.  We excluded ourselves from the Gravenstreter get together, and asked Brad if he could keep the girls an extra night and switch around Christmas. 


She was fine throughout the day, taking good naps, and keeping bland foods and her milk down all day, which is a good sign.  She didn't have a fever, and wasn't fussy aside from being tired.


We are terrified we are going to spend the night sick...we were FULLY exposed more than once to whatever is bothering her tummy, so now the wait begins.  I am really sad this has been our Christmas Eve, and I pray we can have a normal Christmas tomorrow.

No comments: