Saturday, May 7, 2011

Busy Saturdays

Mimi was chipper this morning. Probably because she knew she didn't have to work today. Just mommy and daddy did. She sure likes her thumb and blankie. It's cute now, but I'm sure I'll hate it in a couple years.



Usually Brad is out in the backyard working like crazy all Saturday. But today, I was out there with him! He told me in no uncertain terms that I would be putting the raspberry bushes in. We bought 8 last night, and the plan was to put them in rows where currently there is grass. That meant I had to dig up the sod and then plant the little bushes. Digging up sod is a hard job. Not for the weak. Not to mention that I spent an hour working out this morning, and then went outside and worked. I even got a sunburn, which I am not proud of. But, the plants are all in, and I did it myself!



Brad, also, worked outside literally all day. His shed is coming along nicely, and I think he's really excited to have somewhere to park his mower. He is super handy, and I love that about him.



At lunchtime, this is what I found when I peeked at Mimi during the prayer! How cute is that?!



And this is what I found when we all said, "Amen."



It was a busy, warm, lovely day.

1 comment:

bjahlstrom said...

That photo of Mimi during the prayer is awesome. I love it.