Sunday, May 15, 2011

Long Day

Poor Leiden. Her little bottom tooth is SOOOO loose. It literally hangs upside down when she pushes it out with her tongue, and it leans either way to the side. It is ready to come out, and she won't let us do anything about it. She keeps saying she wants it to come out when it's ready, but she protects it with her tongue and her lip. It's going nowhere at the current rate! This is an example of how she eats. Everything must be bitten with the back teeth. Including unwieldy things like hot dogs.



Which creates messes on the side of her face. We keep telling her to just take a big bite of something and it would pop out with no trouble at all. She shakes her head no with her mouth clamped shut.




Well. I finally struck a deal. Leiden loves to stay up a bit past bedtime and usually I ...ahem...bribe ber. She can stay up and talk if she brushes my hair while we talk. Tonight, I told her that she could stay up and talk with me if she pushed her tooth out with her tongue and let me carefully put it back where it belongs. There was some negotiation involved, and a few tears, but she finally agreed. She pushed it out, and I could literally see just the tiny piece of tissue holding it in her mouth, and I put my finger up there and just nudged it. Out it came, and Leiden didn't even realize it. Hooray! I am so excited that she can actually act normal again! So tooth number 2 has come out. (At least the second tooth coming out when it was supposed to!)

There was a little bit of blood, and she was a little maniacal in her excitement, but everything's fine now! Here's a toothy--or toothless--grin, if a bit teary. Yay for Leiden!

No comments: