Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Nauvoo, Day 3

One last visit to complete our trip to Nauvoo--the Family Living Center. Here they teach you about all the work the families had to do just to function. The baking of bread that lasted hours each day, every day, the candle making, rug making, rope making, thread making, carding of wool and linen, spinning, pottery, barrel making. It's exhausting just thinking about it. And I complain (and am seemingly unable!) to keep my nice modern home tidy. And then add in my kids, and I think I would have lasted a total of a day back then.



We all contributed to rope making.







Then began the long drive home. Why is it that going home always seems to take longer than going there!? I was actually really impressed with the girls. Even with Mac being fairly newly potty trained, she did great and there were no dire emergencies. We're home safe and sound, now, and happy to have our own beds back again!

No comments: