Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mall of America and our Anniversary!

Mimi was in high spirits as we got to the mall. Poor girl has been a little sad and I think it's her teeth. Ugh.



The girls were allowed to pick two rides they wanted to go on. Mac picked the log ride, which gives her a 'tummy drop'. She wanted me to go with her. It really is a fun ride.






Mac's second ride and Leiden's first was the swings. Mac can't go on the swings at the mall without a chaperone, and she chose Mad for the job.





I'm kind of surprised that Leiden likes the swings as she gets a bit motion sick, but she sure does.




All three girls got to go on the merry-go-round, where I went on with Mimi and Joni went on with Mac. Mimi spent much of the ride 'nnaaaaaaay-ing' as she was riding on a horse. What a funny girl. I've got to get some video of that animal noise. It's intense.



As we were leaving, the girls spotted Blue, and even though I think they've watched that show maybe once, they wanted to say hi. He came over and put his big hand out to Mimi and she reared back in fright.




Today is also Brad's and my anniversary. We've been married for 11 years, now. Brad's gift was the rental of two different wide angle lenses, which he's been thinking about for a time. They are really amazing, although there is quite a bit of distortion on the 10-22mm in close quarters. See how far away we look? We were about 6 feet or so away from him in reality.




This shot makes our sun room look like it's much longer than it is.




But this shot is awesome. He could fit our entire picture wall in a shot that has virtually no distortion. We'll be watching for a deal on the 10-22mm on Amazon or something.




This evening, Brad and I went to a restaurant called the Oceanaire, which is a high end seafood place in Minneapolis. Brad says his taking me to a seafood place is indicative of how much he loves me. My halibut was superb and Brad's filet was as well. And we both tried, me for the first time, oysters on the half shell. I have to say I don't see the allure. I like to chew and enjoy my food, not swallow it as fast as I can.


Here's to 11 years, Brad. I love you, and hope we have many more to come.

No comments: