Monday, June 27, 2011

Mischief

I can't remember if I've remarked on the removal of our chair 'gate' at the bottom of our giant flight of stairs, but we took it away a couple weeks ago.  This resulted in a couple days of intense worry on my part, trying to make sure Mimi didn't fall down.  Because she goes up.  All the time.  We keep all the doors closed--when we remember--and I hope that she will not get up to too much mischief.  She is doing so much better now, remembering to get on her hands and knees to come down. 

She disappears for quite a while, and it's always very quiet when she does.  Every person who's ever taken care of small children know that quiet=mischief.  So I quickly race up the stairs to find her.  Today she had gotten the lotions off my bedside table and taken them to Mac's room, where she likes to hang out on the bed.  Evidently we had forgotten to keep the doors closed. 

No comments: