Saturday, October 29, 2011

Half Marathon Finisher

This morning was the half marathon in St. Paul.  I have been training for months, and started the race with high hopes that my knee would not hurt as it did last year.  I finally determined that I had a tight IT band, so as soon as I started stretching and working it, my knee stopped hurting.  Amazingly enough, that was really all it was!  I was able to finish the whole race with no knee pain (although my right inner shin hurt) and faster than last year!  I shaved off 16 minutes from last year's time, coming in at 2:39.  Awesome time, and I'll totally be in for next year.

Here are the girls, waiting for me to get to the finish line.  It was a pretty chilly morning.


And here is the video footage of me!  Leiden joined me for the last bit of a stretch.  Woot!  If you listen really close at 0:37, you can hear them announce my name.


I actually kind of look like a runner!  I have my medal for finishing, and my flowers from Brad and the girls.


A friend from our ward, Laura, up and decided yesterday that she would be running the race.  We stuck pretty close together, and I am astounded that she did so well, as she didn't train at all!  If I had tried that with no training, I would have permanently lost the use of my legs!

No comments: