Friday, February 10, 2012

Cookies

I was being all dutiful, and feeling pretty good about it this morning, putting delicious food in the crock pot so we would have a hot meal this evening and I wouldn't be running around.  I was feeling very smug and domestic.  Child door locks were on all the bathroom door handles, and the bathroom doors were all closed.  Just before I started preparing the food for the crockpot, Mac had verified that Mimi was downstairs with her, so they were safe and happily playing in the basement.  I had just finished up and needed to use the restroom, so I head towards the front entryway, and I smell nail polish.  Nail polish?  The girls' nail polish was behind the closed and Mimi proof bathroom door, so why was I smelling nail polish!?  Sure enough, as soon as I call, "Mimi!"  I hear the patter of little feet going from my bedroom to hers.  I sigh and trudge up the stairs.  Sneaky little thing looked like this when I found her.  Yep.  That's white nail polish.  She unearthed a forgotten bottle of it probably somewhere in my bedside table, since that's where she was playing with it.  She must have thought it was makeup.  It was on her lips, all over her face and hands.  AND, she dumped a bunch on the table, itself, ruining the finish.  Excellent.
I didn't dare take nail polish remover to her face, but I cleaned up her hands as best I could.  She then went downstairs, and Mac came up and said, "Mama, Mimi has Desitin all over her face."  (I wish it was Desitin!)  I respond, "Yeah, it's actually nail polish."  She says, "Oh.  Well, I don't like the smell."  Yeah, Mimi probably didn't like it much, either!


While Mimi was safely ensconced in her crib taking a nap, Mac and I made cookies.  I needed sugar cookies for something else, and I let Mac cut out 2's and 4's for the upcoming birthdays.  She did it all by herself after the first few. 
 


And she did a pretty good job! 


Mimi thought so, too.  It was a little frightening. 


Then she remembered herself and took much more ladylike bites. 

No comments: