Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday, Miriam!

Mimi really has no idea what is going on, but we girls all went into her room this morning and sang her 'Happy Birthday'.  She's been saying it all day!  We did presents first, while breakfast was cooking.  What a pile for such a little young girl!


Mimi's love of books has really developed over the last little while, so we obliged.


Look at her smiling at that book!


She got a water table from Grandmere, and she's not too sure about it.


After we all acted really excited about it for her, she began to catch on.


We gave her some extra little toys to play with in the water.


Because Brad was out of town, I came through with special waffles!  I really like this tradition that Brad has started.  Waffles with chocolate chips, cream, sprinkles, and fruit.  Delish.


Later this afternoon we got the water table out.  Mimi thought it was awesome.  Her speech is improving by leaps and bounds, lately, so she not only walked around saying 'happy birthday' all day, but added 'water table'!


And then, I should have known...she climbed IN the water table.  She was a soaking wet little girl by the time I dragged her protesting back in!


And you can see the sun room was a giant wet mess!


We had friends come over tonight for cake and ice cream.  I wanted it to be a good birthday with more than just us around, especially with Brad not here.  I think this might be my favorite birthday cake, yet!



I love the cake bunting you see everywhere, and decided to make my own for the Meems.  I love how it turned out.


After dinner with our friends, we got ready for singing and candles!


Mimi was not sure about those candles.


She really freaked out when I tried to get her closer to blow them out.  So I reassured her while all the other kids blew on them.


The Fetters were kind to bring her a little present--sunglasses and giant animals--LOVE!

We also went to the doctor for her well check today.  She weighs 35 lbs, which is off the charts, and measures 38.5 inches, which is also off the charts. 
I can't believe my little Meems is 2!  Time seems to just fly by faster and faster.  It seems like yesterday she was brand new in our family.  We love her little personality, and her loves and squeezes.  She is such a sweet little girl.  We love you, Miriam!

1 comment:

David said...

Happy Birthday Meem