Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mac's First Primary Talk

Mac gave her first Primary talk this morning.  She did a great job, although I'm not sure how well she was heard.  Mimi has come down with a bad cold, and I feel like I'm getting one, so we stayed home and came to church just for Mac's talk.

Here is the text:
   D&C 83:10  says,  I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.”  This scripture means that Heavenly Father promises that he will bless us if we choose the right.  Every day I make choices.  When I choose the right, I know that Heavenly Father will bless me.
   The scriptures teach me about different choices I can make.  Heavenly Father promises amazing blessings if I choose to pay my tithing.  He has promised to bless me if I choose to obey my parents.  He has promised to bless me with a healthy body if I choose to eat good foods and stay away from things that can hurt my body.  Heavenly Father has promised me that if I choose the right, I will be happy.  When we choose the right, we can feel the Spirit.
   I want to get the blessings Heavenly Father has promised me.  I want to choose the right so I can be happy.  I am thankful that I can make choices and learn to choose the right.

Leiden also gave the scripture and prayer today, so it was the Macdonald opening exercises in Primary today.  And then Mimi and I were happy to go home and sit.

No comments: