Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mac's Party!

Oh, what a cute party!  It turned out so great.  And I got some GREAT pictures of Mac.  Obviously, this is a very Mac-centric day--the other girls were there, but I took so many pictures I had to weed out a lot.

Here is the finished cake, complete with bunting.  What a boring cake.  Teeheehee!


Here's the table, with the package for the game, favors, and the cake. 


We hung balloons outside so people would know there was a party going on here! 


Mac looked SO CUTE in her little dress.  I don't know if there are any clear shots of it, but it turned out just like I imagined.  Love that.  And I love this little face! 


And this one is so sweet. 


I did her hair in knots and then tied rainbow colored ribbons in them.  So special for a special day. 


Mac enjoyed the art project, which turned out so well.  The little ribbon rainbows are just perfect. 


This is my favorite of the day.  I think I'll blow it up and frame it.  Really, it's just right.  It's very exciting to be turning 4!


Blogger won't upload my video of singing and blowing out candles, so you can see it on Youtube.


The cake turned out perfect for a party of 3-4 year olds.  The presentation was just right and it looked awesome.  I used a recipe from Whisk Kid, and the cake tasted good.  But I would not, under any circumstances, make this frosting again.  It was like eating butter.  And sometimes that sounds good, but really, it's not.  I should have just used a good crusting decorator icing.  I think only one of the kids finished all the frosting on her slice.  Ugh.


The ribbon wands were a hit after the Pass the Package game.  There were screaming little girls running all around the house with ribbons streaming behind them.  Awesome.  


Little Camryn came, who just got a new baby sister this week. 


Maya and Bryn came. 


And Mac loved being the center of attention--What a star! 


I am so happy with how the day turned out.  Our ward was having ward temple day this morning, with lunch after, and I had debated not going.  Eventually late last night I decided I had prepped enough and decided to go.  I'm glad I did, and the party went off with hardly a glitch.  I think this will be the final time this year...Happy Birthday, Machara!  Welcome to the world of 4!

No comments: