Friday, July 13, 2012

Arboretum

For our anniversary, I gave us a date per month.  I think I told you about it.  Anyway, here we are, already running behind, doing June's date in mid-July.  This month's activity was to go to the University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, which we've never been to.  Of course, it was raining and I forgot bug spray, but we still wandered around and saw some pretty awesome stuff.  They have a crazy herb garden (ever heard of lime basil?  I'm totally growing some next year!) and an awesome backyard-sized greenhouse.  (I guess to show how 'easy' it would be to have your own--and it would be easy, but a fortune to keep heated!)  Anyway, like I said, it was moderately drizzling most of the time, so I really didn't get any pictures of us together.  I did, however, get a picture of my favorite part of the night.  We drove around a driving trail there, and we saw some wild turkeys.  Brad immediately pulled over and jumped out and started chasing them!


We were both there. 
 


Here was a separate set of turkeys, these with babies!  I didn't realize turkeys had babies so late in the season.  I thought they were spring babies like most other birds?  Guess not. 


We had a great time, and then went to dinner together.  I love going out on dates, and spending time with the guy who started this whole endeavor with me!  I love you, Brad!  And you can chase turkeys like nobody's business!

No comments: