Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Music in Plymouth

Tonight we went to Music in Plymouth, which is an annual event.  There is, obviously, a lot of music--from bands, individual singers, and the Minnesota Orchestra, who plays an entire concert right before the fireworks.

It was SO hot.  We got there about 6:30, and we were luckily in the shade, but we were still sweaty and hot!  We thought ahead and brought drinks for us, but we kind of spaced beyond that, forgetting to bring snacks, and things for the girls to do while they waited for fireworks for 4 hours. 

There was a flyby.


And some cute little girls running around!


I made their 4th of July shirts, which they wore with pride, and got lots of compliments.  Dan Taylor was making the girls smile in this one--at least the younger two--and a natural smile from Mac!  Yes!


My girls love little Baby Marianna, who is the Taylors' little girl.


A short time before the fireworks started, it was getting pretty dark, and all of a sudden Brad turns to me and asks me if I can see Mac.  Nope.  She is not anywhere near us.  We can't see her, and it's getting dark, so she definitely can't see us.  We alerted all the adults we were sitting with, and tried to remain calm.  I said a quick prayer that we would find her safely, and not 30 seconds later, a stranger comes up and asks me if I'm looking for a little girl.  "Yes!" "I think she's over there by the cart with the policemen."  Bless this woman for paying attention when I did not.  I darted over to Mac, who was looking a little scared.  The policemen checked with her that I was her mom, and told me they had spotted her on the sidewalk, looking lost.  They asked her if she could find her family and when she told them no, they kept her.  They were probably only a few minutes away from making an announcement.  Thank goodness for the policemen doing their job.  Thank goodness she didn't wander into the sights of someone who would cause her harm.  We are so grateful for answered prayers and that we all returned home safely tonight.

The fireworks were awesome, and especially since I had all my little chickens safe around me.


We were out until 11:00 PM, which is SO late for Mimi.  Hopefully tomorrow won't be a disaster!

No comments: