Monday, July 9, 2012

Staying Busy

When I went to sign up the girls for the next session of swim lessons, they were all booked up.  I was disappointed, and put them on the waitlist just in case, pretty much assuming they wouldn't get in.  Ha!  I got a call last Friday, and two spots opened up in this Level 2 class.  Yes, Leiden and Mac are in the same class, now.  Mac is pretty little compared to the other kids, but she's a machine underwater!  Hopefully they aren't too distracted by each other, and can get some good learning in!


This afternoon we did a science experiment--really science play, as polymers are a little over my head, let alone my kids'!  We made slime with borax and glue and the girls went to town.  They each got their own bowl to mix and they played with it for about 30 minutes. 


Mac's slime was colored with some gel coloring, and her hands are bright pink, now. 


Brad's eating in style in Brussels--this looks like it was an awesome hamburger.

No comments: