Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Leiden has just recently discovered bubbles.  She can get her tongue to go the right way to make them, and she has been asking for bubble gum non stop!  By the way, what ever happened to all the flavored bubble gums?  Bubblicious has to come in more flavors than just 'bubble gum'!  Right?


We did another science experiment this afternoon.  We talked about how water always goes down on the earth, unless a force is being exerted on it to go a different way.  And even then, as soon as the force stops exerting, the water comes back down.  We talked a little about gravity, and watched some awesome videos on YouTube about astronauts playing with water in space.  Then we talked about one of the times where water moves up--capillary action!  They don't really care what it's called, they just like to see the flowers turn colors! 


I coudn't find carnations, so I used daisies, in hope they would work--they did!  See the bits of green?


And pink? 


I'm very excited that I've finally finished my blog book for 2010.  I use Blurb, which I really like, and I populate my own book, so it's like scrapbooking with templates.  It takes a while to get it to work out right.  And then all the editing!  And the little changes that have to be made because the words are originally written on a blog right by the pictures.  Anyway, I uploaded 2010 for printing, and should receive it by the 24th.  I'm currently working on 2011.  My goal is to have all the pictures of our family stored both electronically and in books to look at. 


Brad seems to be having a good time--the only time we went to Brussels, we got lost--literally lost, like for hours, and that kind of turned me off to the city.  Unfairly, I know.  We'll have to try again together, someday!

No comments: