Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Derek and I were at Target this last weekend, and I COULD NOT get the new Cartwheel app to load on my phone.  There was a big debate about mobile carriers and coverage...but I am pleased to report that it WORKED today, and I'm pretty excited.  I think it's more that it's fun to scan barcodes than anything else.  :)


I finished my giant string heart today, and it looks pretty cool for Valentine's Day.   


What you don't know until you are doing it, is that it is a royal pain to string it up around the nails.  It's okay when you're doing all the cross lines through the heart, but when you go to do the outline, it's terrible.  I don't know how many times I had to start over...if the tension is lost, it unravels along the whole outside.  If my nails had larger heads, maybe it would be better, but there was no turning back.  Finally done! 


I have other plans for a cute little garland using the hearts suit from a deck of playing cards and cute red and pink fabric and ribbon.  We will see if I actually get to it, or if it gets relegated, as projects often do, to "I'll do it next year." 


Derek left his hot chocolate maker with us and we broke it out tonight.  We thought it was pretty cool. 

No comments: