Saturday, February 8, 2014

There's a Party Going On Right Here...

The treat bags are all ready for Mimi's party.  Little butterflies everywhere.


The cake is made, simple and cute.


The room is decorated, thanks to some serious help from Derek getting that wall curtain up!  It sounded so much simpler in my head...but then, it always does.


And finally it's party time!  We started out with crafts...cute little handprint butterflies.  All girls, so they loved it!


And Mimi is just happy to be alive, today.


The butterflies turned out really cute...thank heavens for Pinterest!


Next up was another craft/treat to take home.


Cute little butterflies made of fruit loops, baggies, and clothespins.


Then game time!  Pin the butterfly on the flower is always a hit!


Presents!  I knew there weren't very many kids coming to her party, because people seem to be pretty flaky, so I made sure her sisters each got her a present, too, so she would have more than one to open.


She was very pleased with all the offerings given.


Then it was time for cake and ice cream!


DEE-licious!


This last one is blurry, but pretty indicative of the good time had by all!  Happy Birthday Party, Meems!

Later in the evening, Derek and I went and had a party of our own at the racing track.  This was FAR more fun than I ever thought it would be!  I literally raced around the track laughing.  What a riot!  And totally something I never would have done on my own.  Love it.

No comments: