Friday, February 28, 2014

Hurry Up and Wait

Well, today is the day.  Derek got in late last night, bringing a trailer full of his stuff to store in my garage while he's gone for these months.  After very little sleep, he was here helping me organize, cleaning out his car, which will remain in storage, helping me set up his computer which we is letting us use while he is gone, and getting rid of stuff he doesn't need.  He left late this morning to drive back to Vegas, do some last minute packing and head out on a flight to training tonight, and eventually the actual deployment.  It was difficult to say goodbye...

He had recommended some more RAM, so to keep busy I headed out immediately to get more, and I installed it myself.  Then I set up a little home office. 


The phrase that will now apply in my life is hurry up and wait.  I have plans to go see him in Germany in about a month before he actually deploys to Afghanistan, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments: