Thursday, August 10, 2017

Michigan Day 2--Cedar Point

Oh, man, here we go!  Cedar Point is a couple hours away, so we left pretty early in the morning, only to realize (about 90 minutes into the drive) that in my haste, as well as my desire to not be overburdened at an amusement park, I had left my ID at our Airbnb, and there was much concern that I wouldn't be let into the park under our reservations.  We took some deep breaths, and kept driving.


We stopped at a gas station and got some caffeine energy shots, which were disgusting, but are apparently a family tradition to consume before the park...something about heightening the tension and fear as you embark on big scary rides!  And finally, it was in view!


They let me in, no problem, even without ID, and we set out to ride rides!  We had purchased a package deal that included the rides, meal/snack allowances, and all the park pictures taken.



These rides are crazy...huge, fast, and scary!


I started out pretty excited, and went on all of them with Jon.


Then we went on one, and my head just kind of rebelled against the treatment it was experiencing.  I felt super dizzy and almost threw up on a ride.  So that was the last of my riding for quite a while!  Jon kept riding, as I wanted him to, and I just waited for him each time.  My tummy slowly settled, and I agreed to go on another that we hadn't gotten to, and I'm glad I did, because it turned out to be my favorite!  That giant arch behind us?  You are propelled forward at over 100 mph, and go up and down it in like 18 seconds.  It's MADNESS, and so fun.



The funniest part was honestly all the ride pictures.  Many of the rides there are bottomless, so your legs are just hanging into space, and my brain simply would not compute that my legs weren't going to hit or get snagged on anything, so on all the pictures that show it, my legs are tight up against the seats, which is just hilarious to me!


I am simply not used to rides like this, and gripped with white knuckles!


It's half wild laughter and half terror!


These really make me laugh!


Jon spent much of the day by himself, riding next to strangers, but that was okay.  He got to ride more rides that way, as they are always looking for singles, and I didn't throw up!  Hooray!

I WAS a little disappointed to find that my head and stomach can't really take amusement parks anymore.  I even tried dramamine and ginger, and it just was too much.  I guess I'm getting old!

We stayed until pretty late, and then had to drive home 2 more hours, so another late night!

No comments: