Monday, August 14, 2017

Michigan Day 6--More Beach

This morning it was back to the beach at Leland.  It was cloudy and a bit cooler again, so I pretty much planned on not being in the water.  Jon took the dip, though, and swam out a ways with his dad.  You can just see their heads out there!


He came back out of the water and huddled up with me.  Seriously I was so glad I thought to bring my big pink hat!!  It saved me having to put sunscreen on, which was awesome.


Later this evening we went into Traverse City to walk the pier and go to dinner.  Jon's family always hit Don's Drive In when they are on vacation here, and this time was no exception.  Delicious burgers and super yummy shakes!  Everyone is pictured except for Jon's dad...we should have asked someone else to take a pic of all of us.


After dinner we wandered to the dock and pier and enjoyed the water as the evening fell.


Jon loves being here.  There are so many memories for him, and he enjoys being with his family.  I am so grateful we could spend this time together in such a special place.

No comments: