Thursday, August 24, 2017

Poor Leiden got a black eye last night at gymnastics!!  I guess she was doing some sort of trick and her knee came up and smacked her in the eye.  She sent me this picture this morning from her dad's before she went to school.  Sweet little girl.  I think she's feeling a bit self conscious about it, and it hurts a little, but she said she'll be okay.


Today while Jon was at work, I headed over to his apartment to do some more moving and cleaning because Jordan and Alicia will be moving in this weekend!  It's crunch time, and we haven't had a lot of time since we got back from Michigan. 


It is ALMOST done.  There are only a few things left, and then the final cleaning.


This evening we made good on one of our summer promises, which was to take the girls to Cowabunga Bay!  We packed up our cooler bag with food for dinner, intending to spend the evening there, only to find out they don't allow outside food!  We left the food in the car, played for a while, then went out to the parking lot to eat.  Back in, but by then it was getting pretty chilly.


One of the benefits of it being rather chilly (like 85...I think it would need to be over 100 for it to be really comfortable.  Even pools are a bit cold for me.) was that there was hardly anyone there!


We all loved the giant bucket spill...it's incredible how much FORCE that much water comes down with.  On one of the last dumps we were there for, Mac was the only one to run out and get under it and I snapped this incredible picture of her.  Seriously, my best photographs over the years have been mistakes or quick shots that I didn't think about.  And this one I took on my phone!  There is something so amazing about this picture.  A lone girl silhouetted against the sun with water pouring down around her.  A super lucky shot.


We had a great time, but it's a once a year thing when they do their discounted evenings.  It's just too expensive for more frequent trips.  But I'm glad we could get there for the girls!

No comments: