Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Airborne!

Today was busy!  After skiing, tonight we had a big family activity.  We took off to Airborne, which is basically a giant warehouse filled with trampolines.  I have to say I was a little worried that someone would get hurt, but luckily I was proven wrong.  Although I still see the enormous potential for harm!

They have a smaller section for tiny kids (up to 8 years, really) that has smaller trampolines and a foam pit and balance beam.  Mimi had a great time, although had to work harder because she can't actually jump with both feet off the ground, yet!


Sorry, you're going to have to turn your head sideways, but you'll get the picture.  Brad and his brothers were doing all kinds of tricks--this is just one I caught.  Sideways.


Brad took over the camera for a minute while I tried jumping on the big trampolines.  And I promptly ate it.


Leiden was very excited to try this rope ladder, and the foam cubes looked pretty fun to fall into.  On either side of the ladder there were big trampolines where big kids (and adults!) could do flips or just jump into the foam pit.


Jumping on trampolines is actually a pretty good workout!  I was surprised at how good.  And I was reminded that jumping on trampolines gives me a headache.  I remember as a kid, a neighbor friend had a tramp, and we would jump on it all the time.  I did a bum war with Leiden and sent her flying!

After Airborne, we all went out to dinner and used gift cards given to us from Grandma and Grandpa.  Thanks for a fun night!

No comments: