Sunday, December 18, 2011

December 18--Gingerbread Trees

I love the idea of gingerbread houses, but I thought it would be fun for each girl to have their own 'project' to decorate.  I noticed Target had gingerbread trees for sale, and thought to myself...I could totally do this.  All I needed were a few more star cookie cutters, and away I went.

I baked them last night and the last few this morning, and after church, the girls started glueing them together.  They particularly liked using the sandwich bag 'pastry bags'.


Mimi thought it was time to eat them.  I had turned to the other girls for a second and looked back to this. 


Mmm.  Gingerbread star bits! 


Leiden squeezed out the frosting and Mimi put on the next star.  She is very meticulous. 


After dinner was decorating!  I kept it super simple and just used mini m&m's to decorate. 


They turned out super cute, and for much cheaper than buying three kits from Target! Our little field of trees is so cute! 


I had originally made enough stars for Brad and I to make trees, too, but too many got, ahem, snacked on, and some broke, so Brad and I just decorated one to eat. 


The waterpark was so fun yesterday.  Last night in the hotel was iffy.  No one went to bed until 10, and Leiden had the creakiest bed ever!  But, Mimi had a blast, and Leiden and Mac did pretty well in the water.  Leiden just needs to have some more practice in the water and she'll be a little fish.

No comments: