Friday, December 30, 2011

New Smiles

We went to go visit Great Grandma today, and the girls had a nice visit with her.  They got to show off a little bit, and Grandma gave each of them a beautiful little keepsake--the kind that goes high on a shelf until they are old enough to treasure it! 


 
I made dinner for us all tonight, and suddenly found myself in the New Year's mood--a day early!  2012 is upon us, and I can't believe it! 


The boys were hanging out with us, and going to sleep over.  I snapped this picture of them eating their fudgesicles literally 5 minutes before I hear this: 
Leiden:  "There's a tooth on the table!"
Me:  "What?"  As I get up from my chair.
Leiden:  "My tooth!"
Me:  "Leiden, this is great!  Remember how hard it was to have such a wiggly tooth--this one came out without you even realizing!"
And Leiden bursts into tears.  We asked her what was wrong, and she said they were tears of happiness.  Hmmm.  So we went into the bathroom and rinsed her mouth and the tooth--she was very concerned that there was some bleeding.


 
I have to say, I love her gap toothed smile even more now! 


 
We'll have to see what the tooth fairy brings to her!


She wrote this cute little letter for the Tooth Fairy and put it under her pillow for her.

No comments: