Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our anniversary!  We were married 12 years ago today.  I have been working hard on my gift to Brad.  I found the idea on Pinterest, and decided to make it so.  It's a year's worth of dates, one a month.  Each month has an envelope with a little note and some kind of description of the date for the month.  Brad will open each one at the beginning of the month and we'll plan on a time to do it.  June's is visiting the Arboretum.  I'm excited about the dates--but I can't talk about them here because they're secret until the beginning of the month!


I woke up this morning to this note, explaining the day.  Our friend came over and watched the girls while I went out shopping for the evening.  Then dinner and a musical at the Guthrie.

I headed out shopping and got a pretty shirt and some jewelry and a purse.  We went into Minneapolis and went to Hell's Kitchen for dinner, which unfortunately, was only so-so.  I think I just got the wrong thing.  And hey, now I know I don't like bison! 


After dinner we had to rush to make it to the Guthrie for our 7:30 showing of Roman Holiday.  We were really running behind, like not getting seated until intermission running behind.  Brad dropped me off at the doors and sped away to go park the car.  While he was parking I examined the tickets to see if there was any information about latecomers and noticed that the tickets said Friday, June 22.  I thought to myself, 'I thought today was Thursday--Wait!  Today is both Thursday and the 21st!'  As Brad came sprinting up to the doors, I broke the news that the tickets were for tomorrow night.  He was a little embarrassed, but it makes for a great story.  Luckily we were able to get babysitters again for tomorrow night so we could still go! 


Happy Anniversary, Brad!  I love you!

No comments: