Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kitty

I feel like I have another child I have to include here, on the blog.  Caroline (Which I never call her, by the way.  She's always just 'kitty' to me.)  likes to play with stuffed animals--particularly these little ones that are smaller than she is.  She lays down on the floor with them, and scuffles around.


She didn't do it right this second, but it's really funny when she bites the stuffed piggy by the scruff of the neck and carries it into a different room.  I guess that's instinctual. 

She is still trying to dart outside at every opportunity and I'm starting to despair that it will ever change.  We were at someone's house outside for s'mores, and Leiden needed to go inside to the bathroom.  We opened the door, and there, sitting lazy as can be, was a cat.  She didn't move a muscle as the door was opening and closing.  I need for Caroline to be like that.  Because I really don't like chasing her around outside.  She could be an indoor/outdoor cat, but we were kind of advised against it, as she came to us as a kitten.  Outdoor cats, if you're being responsible, need more care than indoor cats.  And some of the shots they need have the potential to give them tumors at the shot site.  They also live shorter lives, and I know for a fact that we have a fox in the neighborhood.  We saw it run across the back lawn while my mom was here.  Kitty would get eaten!  And then there's fleas, ticks, and worms.  I'd much rather she stay in, but she doesn't seem to agree.  It's an ongoing battle.

No comments: